Well I thought a bit of a status update on where everything is at wouldn't go astray. Plus a few teasers here and there.
1. Eldar Planetscape - Elliot from CustomTerrain.net has put up some new photos of the six panel modular table. I was pleasantly surprised when I realised that not only are the boards modular, but the terrain on them is as well - for a very large combination of landscape possibilities. Keep in mind that there are some very very funky structures coming as well. All inspired by the Dawn of War II computer game. I've also happened to get my hands on some GW examples that were intended for release, yet simply remained as sketches - they look amazing - so stay tuned as I fully intend on having these realised as well.
Inset below - Blue areas denote where Eldar buildings can be placed, brown denotes the tiled dust covered rune work;
All project progress can be viewed here.
2. Eldar Shining Spears - Navin over at PaintedFigs.com is currently stamping out 20 of the 27 Games Workshop Shining Spears, as shown in the sample pictures previously. The colour scheme was kept the same as the Russian made Shining Spears for uniformity sake, and they've worked out pretty good considering the dated model. Next up are either the Swooping Hawks or resculpted Jes Goodwin Jetbikes (sixty of them). So stay tuned!
3. Eldar Phoenix Bomber - Luke from The Sound of Machines is going to get his hands dirty in the New Year working on this bad boy as an example piece. The reason I say example is because the same theme (if successful) will be applied to all Warmachines over the next 2-3 years. Yep, all 20+ big bessies will be getting their love in the same place. Ive nicked a previous concept for a Nightwing Interceptor found on the Internet as inspiration regarding how this will look - essentially the orange graduated flow and semi gloss black will be key. Pictured below;
4. Tanks, so many Tanks - Clinton back up North has been busy building and painting up Wave Serpents recently (10 of 16, with 31 Serpents in total). I had this image txt'ed to me a couple of days ago as to the progress of how they're coming along. The blue on the underside is to give the impression of power generation for the skimmer function of the craft. It will be getting a similar appearance to the (also nicked concept) image below Clinton's, minus the Beil Tann vines.
5. Eldar HQ Models - Vincent, we can't forget Vincent! The lad has gone and got himself hitched (congratulations mate if you're reading this!). I've no doubt we will see more magic from Vincent later in January, however the poor bugger is on a very well deserved break right now :)