Hi all, just a quick one as to how things are progressing so far, with some major updates coming in the next few weeks;
1. Axiom from Warseer has sent me some very rare items that will be getting only the best love and attention they deserve. The Dawn of War Farseer and two Warlocks finished by Shane Hoyle (oh and a lovely Webway portal from the original Dawn of War PC game... mmmmmm). Axiom also included a sensational Eldar casualty sculpt (1 of 10 cast) which has a very distinctive Exodite look about it - Objective marker here we come!
2. The first of two boxes arrived from the US (via my good mate and personal man whore Dave). I will retrospectively update with photos when I get my rear into gear. Included were both Limited Edition Eldar books (core and Iyanden) in all their overpriced dust cover glory. As a collector that was the ONLY justifiable reason to buy these at that price - i'm still a little guilty about it honestly. One look at the four Wraithknights kinda takes me to a happy place though - such gorgeous models.
3. Luke & Adam from The Sound of Machines have completed the Eldar Jetbikes (Warlocks and Shining Spears), with adjustments etc - and they look the ducks nuts. Spirit Seers are also sorted out I believe :) with two more to be sent over very soon (to round numbers up to 50).
4. Navin over at PaintedFigs.com has kicked off the approved Dire Avenger paint scheme, so we should be seeing 70 of those little buggers sorted out soon... with another 30 to be sent over in batch two! Stay tuned, Jes Goodwin Jetbikes, GW Shining Spears and Swooping Hawks to come ;)
5. Elliot has also got back to me earlier today with budget details and a kickoff date (1st of December). The project is now locked in, deposit paid and purchasing process for materials underway - http://www.customterrain.net/6x8-eldar-planetscape.html
6. And my good mate Clinton back North has also advised me the tanks are now well under way, thing having settled down :) So we shall see some solid armour very soon to accompany all the foot sloggers. What can I say, the lad loves an airbrush and does VERY neat work. Upon the arrival of second said box from the US, he will be getting a mother load of plastic crack in payment. Clinton, soon you will have a Tau army reminiscent of its former glory!... and Necrons... and Dark Eldar... and Grey Knights... oh my.
Stay tuned for photos of completed items, general eye candy and plans for the next round of goodness. Things sure are screaming along now and holding pace.