Wednesday, 15 April 2015
The Dying No More - Eldar in 7th Edition
Well unless you've been living under a rock, there has been alot of talk the last couple of weeks about the next iteration of the Eldar Codex. This time around we have a book that combines the following;
1. The five major Craftworlds
2. Formations left right and centre
3. Heavy focus on Craftworld strategic alignment
4. A new take on Lords of War
Not to mention updates for multiple models;
1. New Jetbikes replacing the old 1994 sculpts
2. Introducing GW made Farseers and Warlocks on Jetbikes (Skyrunners)
3. New plastic HQ kits (no finecast)
4. Jetbike weapon options (Scatter Lasers) that ALL Jetbikes can take (the 1 in 3 rule is gone)
5. Jetbike Autarch (updated)
6. And more... ;)
There is definitely a heavy focus on Saim Hann this time around, as Iyanden had its turn in 6th Edition. This leads to a strong prediction of Biel Tan getting plastic aspects and a new Avatar come their turn - perhaps in the next 12-18 months or so.
Of course, with all these goodies, the Warhost will be bolstered (yet again) to incorporate the new sculpts, in an amount to match existing batches. Yep, that means another 60+ Jetbikes... totaling 360+ Jetbikes.
As an Eldar aficionado, it has been INCREDIBLY hard sitting on all this information the last month being unable to say much, as I sincerely appreciate those in the know that have passed these details on in confidence knowing that I would be all gooey with anticipation for more Eldar goodies. A very heart felt thank you to those who trusted me enough with the information prior to all the leaks coming out (which can now be confirmed). Hey, it helps me budget for all the additions... that can only be a good thing right? Truth be told my wallet is still suffering the effects of Codex: Harlequins.
With this being the second largest Codex out there, perhaps GW have decided to drop the "Dying" moniker, I do believe its time for the Elves to reclaim dominance over the 40k universe ;)