-->

A word to the wise

"Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers, all of which are true and terrifying to know." - Inquisitor Czevak Turns out, the answers are; "Oh, just a few days", "Our friends will be here shortly" and "We have quite the appetite".

Sunday 2 March 2014

Storing the Warhost

"The time had come, so Marvin went..." - Yep, with almost 1,800 Eldar miniatures coming back in batches, I had to seek out some foamy goodness to begin storing the buggers in. It's a good thing I waited to see Luke from The Sound of Machines before I did so.

About a month back when I began looking, Luke had flicked me a message saying "hold out on that thought, I know a guy, who knows a guy". Truly, Luke is Saul Goodman's day job alter ego. So I popped into where Luke gets his painting on, at The Combat Company.

Turns out these folks have some funky ModiFX transport cases that happened to suit my needs. Just to give them a whirl, I picked up two. These suckers are VERY rigid from a miniature shielding perspective and the outside pockets pack down well enough that you can stack 'em nicely


Given my immediate need to house a bucket load of infantry sized models, I nabbed two of the 6x1" foam tray kits, for 216 individual troop slots - although they come available in all sorts of height configurations. The packs set me back $100 each, Games Workshop's versions are respectively $165 for 240 slots.


 To give you an idea, so far i've stored the following in one case;

70x Dire Avengers (Exarchs have their banner poles - with a snip or two)
50x Warlocks (well 47, three are off being painted)
22x Jetbike Warlocks (off their bikes - they could have fit though)
30x Harlequins (all metal... mmmmmm)
12x Shadow Spectres (a little snipage required)

I can honestly say that i'll be buying more foam in the future as they pack a lot into a very small space comfortably. Note, i'm not affiliated with this lot in any way shape or form, I just believe in credit where its due for such a decent product :)

The fact that the owner has a bunch of Rogue Trader Eldar, that his significant other is painting up, just makes me like the place that much more.